We strive to deliver sustainable solutions guided by our values and principles. Our Sustainability Policy outlines Zeniths’ commitment and strategy towards all areas of sustainability.
We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
In order to put these principles into practice we will:
Travel and meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc where practical.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc. where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams.
- Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Seek to purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy.
- Ensure that timber furniture, and any other timber products, are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
Working practices and advice to clients
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and / or environmental organisations and make donations to seek to offset carbon emissions from our activities.
- Ensure that staff that we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients.
- Include a copy of our Sustainability Policy in all our proposals to clients.